Position: Lead Pastor, Eastside Church
Location: Fairport, NY
Accountable to the Field Superintendent
Church Description: Eastside began as a church plant on March 4, 2012, in Victor, NY at the Casa Larga Vineyards. After 6 years of fruitfulness and growth, the dreams of Eastside expanded with a move to its current location at 1350 Fairport Road, Fairport. We have a dream to see all people growing in life-changing relationships with God and neighbor and are passionate about seeing that done through love and service.
Community Description: The Village of Fairport is a historic community of about 5,000 people located along the Erie Canal in the southeastern portion of Monroe County, New York. It covers an area of more than 900 acres and features quiet residential neighborhoods with tree-lined streets, a commercial district with unique shops and restaurants, and many businesses and industries. The Village-owned Fairport Municipal Commission provides low-cost electricity to residents and businesses in the Village and surrounding areas. The Village is located within the Town of Perinton in Western New York State. It is approximately 8 miles from the City of Rochester, the region’s center city.
Eastside, like many other churches, had some struggles as a result of the pandemic and suffered a decline in attendance and giving. So, in addition to this transition, the church has found itself in a period of rebuilding.
Qualities & Experience Desired:
*Deep love for the Lord, His Word, His people, as well as those who don’t yet know Him. Spiritual disciplines that reflect this love.
*Eastside is seeking a leader who is comfortable with the movements of the Spirit and walking in step with Him daily.
*Leader who can lead Eastside into its next season of growth and fruitful ministry as they recover from pandemic shifts.
*Eastside is blessed with a multi-generational community of faith. The candidate should be comfortable and fruitful in engaging with all age groups.
*Proven passion and experience at reaching those who aren’t yet followers of Jesus.
*A pastor with experience in teaching and empowering members to fruitfully engage new visitors in a way that fosters connection and authentic community.
*Engaging preacher, with the ability to take the word of God and instruct in practical ways how to apply it to everyday life.
*Experience in growing a church through creative outreach and evangelistic Kingdom work.
*Leader who effectively develops and empowers other leaders. (Current staff includes: 1 part-time associate pastor [an ordained elder] and 1 part-time administrative support person.)
*This unique setting includes a small-town living just a few miles from a large urban center with vastly varying needs in both. This pastor should have passions and giftings to support both.
*Pastor with a practice of deep prayer.
*Pastor who is authentic and genuine, who can relate to all those who come.
*Systems builder who can cast vision for, and train others to create systems that will welcome, integrate, and disciple new people who come.
In addition to the above, these are the expectations of all Genesis Pastors:
General Expectations of Genesis Pastors
Dealing with the souls of people and leading the church in going and making disciples requires continuing growth in these qualities and skills; spiritual qualifications, personal characteristics, pastoral care, communication, and leadership.
- Spiritual Qualifications. The pastor:
- is committed to Jesus Christ as Lord;
- shows evidence of integrity through holiness of heart and life;
- displays the fruit of the Holy Spirit;
- receives and gives forgiveness;
- possesses both humility and healthy self-esteem, maintaining a positive attitude;
- demonstrates faith, hope, and initiative;
- respects people regardless of race, gender, or economic status;
- models a teachable spirit;
- Personal Characteristics. The pastor:
- is called to ministry, with that call affirmed by others;
- practices spiritual disciplines including daily Bible reading and prayer;
- is gifted for leadership (leadership as an apostle, prophet, evangelist or shepherd-teacher - Ephesians 4:11-13);
- models a balanced life and healthy self-discipline;
- maintains freedom from addictions;
- engages in life-long learning;
- submits biblically to authority;
- seeks professional and personal accountability;
- if married: has a healthy marriage relationship and has the support of his/her spouse;
- is fruitful in evangelism;
- is fruitful in making disciples;
- Pastoral Care. The pastor:
- loves his/her family as Christ loves the church;
- responds appropriately and warmly to people;
- embodies a passion for those who don’t yet know Jesus;
- embodies a passion for making disciples;
- ensures appropriate love and care for the people of God;
- builds up people and inspires hope;
- demonstrates interpersonal skills; and
- resolves conflict effectively.
- Communication. The pastor:
- handles the Word of God correctly;
- calls people to faith in Christ;
- understands the culture, community, and congregation;
- utilizes effective means of communication;
- affirms and articulates Wesleyan theology;
- prepares thoroughly for public presentation;
- persuades people to make godly, life-changing decisions;
- challenges the status quo in love, when necessary; and
- facilitates an environment of holy worship.
- Leadership. The pastor:
- leads out of personal and corporate prayer;
- clearly articulates a vision from God;
- sets strategic goals to accomplish the vision;
- instills congregational ownership of vision and goals;
- mobilizes resources to fulfill the vision;
- practices sound principles in accomplishing change;
- identifies, attracts, equips, and empowers leaders;
- fosters a positive atmosphere;
- participates in the denomination’s mission; and
- promotes involvement in world evangelization.
- Denominational Connection & Commitment. The pastor:
- participates monthly in a Conference Community Group (CCG)
- connect the local church to Genesis events and resources as appropriate
- respects and is guided by those in authority over you (Field Superintendent, Conference Superintendent, Bishop).
- seeks appropriate coaching opportunities (life-long learner).
- participates annually in Annual Conference and OneDay.
Send a cover letter and resume to: Field Superintendent Dodi McIntyre