Position: Office Manager
Reports to: Pastoral Team
Details: Part-Time 15-20 hours per week, Minimum $18/hour
Supervises: As needed and delegated by Pastoral Team
Supports: Leadership Council and Sub-committees
Purpose: Provide office management, coordination of building activities and maintenance, and administrative and clerical support to the Pastoral Team and Leadership Council.
Spiritual Engagement & Insight
● Pray for the church and its leaders regularly.
● Consult the Triune God as your inspiration for all of these responsibilities.
● Fast periodically as able.
● Share spiritual insight with pastoral team.
● Perform diversified tasks at the request of the Pastoral Team utilizing a thorough working
knowledge of the policies and procedures of New Hope FMC and the FMC Book of
Discipline, and fairly, cordially, and tactfully represent New Hope in all interactions with
outside vendors, other staff and volunteers, visitors and regular attendees. Tasks can
include but are not limited to:
○ Answer phone calls, check voicemail, respond to messages directly or pass
information on to the appropriate person
○ Retrieve and sort the mail. Scan mail/documents to various departments.
○ Attend monthly Leadership Council meetings, take minutes
○ Bi-weekly - email payroll to Computer Search Payroll with required information for
that period. When reports come in the mail, sort and scan paperwork for filing
and for Treasurer to enter into QB.
○ Maintain Planning Center suite and assure that all information is up to date and
current. Print weekly orders of worship.
i. Maintain office calendar in Planning Center
ii. Maintain/update weekly People database
iii. Coordinate with Financial Secretary and Treasurer to assure accuracy of
giving information, and integration with Quickbooks
1. Assure coordination and centralizing of all income for counting on
2. Coordinate with the Treasurer for operational budget oversight and data entry into QB as directed or needed by Treasurer
○ Update and print the weekly bulletin
○ Order Supplies as needed from Amazon and regularly review account
○ Oversee and help prepare posts for social media
○ Send Cards/Bouquets (or assure this is handled by a volunteer) to the sick,
bereaved, or their families.
○ Add information into weekly Attendance Tracking Google Sheet
○ Oversee copier use and interface with Toshiba for maintenance and service
○ Help assure Sunday announcement PPT slides are updated
○ Review website for current information, and assure updates are made
○ Attend ministry team or staff meetings as requested
○ Oversee insurance renewals
○ Process reimbursements that come through Google Forms
● Solve daily work problems and apply considerable initiative and independent judgment
with the majority of your responsibilities.
● Provide administrative support for the pastoral team and general office, including support
for projects, communication, weekly and monthly reporting,
○ Initiate Monthly reporting of statistics to Genesis Conference Office
○ Facilitate Annual Society Meeting preparation, including gathering statistics and
facilitating booklet preparation, and coordinating building use/set-up.
● Ensure coordinated scheduling of meetings and generate necessary facility requests,
and help to coordinate and organize retreats, conferences, district meetings, and special
● On behalf of Pastoral team, as directed interface with other departments within the
church and/or outside contacts to exchange information, answer inquiries, consult on
problems and secure cooperation or approval on actions to be taken.
● Provide occasional office support for ILS mail processing, and recording/notifying of
● Interface with, and support the work of the Building Committee through ordering
supplies, equipment, or scheduling of activities.
● Manage office equipment maintenance and/or contracts and service requirements.
○ Schedule times to meet with vendors and inspectors (mostly building-related
companies, e.g. RGE, Westfire Systems, Elevator inspection, pest control, Fire
Marshall, Fisher Backflow Prevention)
● Check and maintain mowing Schedule (Spring and Summer only)
● Empty dehumidifiers (spring, summer, fall)
● Weekly monitor Thermostats (Fall, Winter, Spring)
● Manage building usage with coordination of scheduling
● Ring Doorbell Maintenance with the building committee (Mike Welch)
○ Review and maintain building access log of authorized users of technology and
● Provide implementation support for general church order and cleanliness and develop a
weekly/monthly cleaning schedule.
○ Manage third-party vendor relationship
● Water indoor plants once a week, outdoor plants as needed based on weather
conditions (or assure this is done by a volunteer)
● Manage official New Hope meeting minutes, policies and official documents.
○ Maintain, organize and ensure the security of office files containing
correspondence, records, reports, etc. through out Google Drive/shared drive
format; supply information from files as requested.
Special Events - As Needed
● Participate in planning and serve as communication liaison with event sponsors/leaders.
● Interface with team leads to support the marketing/communication process and internal
coordination and provide other support as needed.
● Associate's Degree required.
● Comfort with computers and multiple software environments including Word and Excel
and cloud-based environments and storage (e.g. Google Drive, Docs and Sheets) as
well as social media platforms.
● FMC background a bonus or willingness to learn the FMC Book of Discipline as part of a
● The position will require a consistent weekly in person (in-building) schedule, though
some limited remote hours could be considered depending on the projects. The
schedule will be developed in consultation with the person hired.
● Occasional evening and weekend hours will be required to help manage special event
● Occasional heavy lifting (15-25 lbs.), ability to climb stairs, move furniture, and very
occasionally stand on ladders
Experience: Previous church or corporate office environment experience preferred. Familiarity with building systems (e.g. HVAC), operations, logistics, and policies a plus.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
● Able to support projects, receptionist-type activities, and scheduling for multiple
● Strong administrative and computer skills are needed.
● Confident, winsome, tactful, personable, and helpful attitude.
● Detail-oriented and self-motivated.
● Ability to handle constantly changing priorities and work well under pressure.
● Excellent grammar skills and written communication skills and ability to verbally
communicate effectively and tactfully at all levels.
● Ability to handle multiple tasks and to complete projects with little guidance.
● Maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
● Proficiently operate various office machines, such as scanners/copiers, calculators, etc.