–for CMCs taking required courses for Ordination
–for Genesis Pastors enrolled in a Master’s level seminary program
–for LMCs taking FM History & Polity
Genesis Conference of the Free Methodist Church USA
Our Mission: The MEG/MAC of the Genesis Conference is charged to equip, encourage and hold accountable those serving, or preparing for service, as pastors in our churches. It is our desire to ensure that education and guidance relevant to the diverse ministries across our conference is accessible. Therefore, scholarship resources are available to students preparing for ministry.
Scholarship – for CMCs taking required courses for Ordination
- CMCs who are not enrolled in a Master’s level program may receive $100 per semester, with maximum of six semesters, towards needed coursework. Coursework can be completed through MEG approved seminaries and/or FMCUSA denominational courses.
(For CMCs enrolled in formal Master’s level program, see section below for Seminary Scholarship—Master’s Program.)
Scholarship – for Pastors enrolled in Master’s level Seminary program
- Pastors—Elders and CMCs—plus LMCs who are pursuing a M.A. or M.Div. at a MEG approved Seminary, may receive $250 per semester, with maximum of eight semesters.
Scholarship – for LMCs taking FM History & Polity
- LMCs who are taking FM History & Polity course, which is required prior to becoming a CMC, may receive $50 towards cost of the course.
Guidelines – for all Applicants
- Applicants must be preparing for full-time Christian service in the FMC or already under appointment as a pastor. A GPA of at least 2.0 must be maintained.
- Applicants must submit a CMC-Seminary Scholarship Application Form annually
- Scholarship Distribution:
- For CMCs taking courses towards Ordination . . . If approved, $100 per semester will be disbursed to the CMC upon receipt of paperwork (transcript, certificate, or equivalent) showing successful completion of course(s) for that semester.
- For Pastors enrolled in Master’s level Seminary program . . . If approved, $250 per semester will be disbursed to your Seminary.
- For LMCs taking FM History & Polity course . . . If approved, $50 will be disbursed to LMC upon receipt of paperwork (transcript, certificate, or equivalent) showing successful completion of the FM History & Polity course.
- Applying for Scholarship:
- Online Application is available at Genesis Conference Scholarship Application
John Wesley Seminary Foundation Grant/Loan
— for CMCs pursuing a Master’s degree at a JWSF affiliated school
More information and applications are available on the FMCUSA website.