Location: Rochester, NY
Accountable to Field Superintendent
Church Description: The incoming Lead Pastor will have an opportunity to shepherd and grow a loving congregation. Park Ridge is a church with a strong and committed core, with around 50 people regularly in attendance, with the vast majority of those attenders connected in small groups. It is a “commuter church” with most attenders coming from between five to twenty minutes away. Together they are seeking to Love God, Love People, and Make Disciples.
Community Description: Park Ridge is a church with a rich history, uniquely situated at the crossroads of suburban neighborhoods, a thriving hospital, and endless businesses. The church and parsonage are located in the town of Greece, NY and in the Greece Central School District.
Qualities & Experience Desired:
* A Pastor who leads from an overflow of their personal walk with God and is described as spiritually discerning, prayerful, outgoing, and energetic.
*A deep and apparent love for Jesus, the Bible, the people of Park Ridge FMC, and the surrounding communities.
*An engaging preacher, with an ability to both exegete and apply the Word of God and give people the opportunity to respond to what God is saying.
*A pastor who will work well with a strong and experienced staff, and collaborate well with others to set vision and create strategic ministry plans that bring the vision to life.
*A leader who recognizes, supports, and enhances the value of the existing small group ministries within the church.
*A pastor who is real and genuine in their relationship and connections, and regularly engaged with the people of the church.
In addition to the above, these are the expectations of all Genesis Pastors:
General Expectations of Genesis Pastors
Dealing with the souls of people and leading the church in going and making disciples requires continuing growth in these qualities and skills; spiritual qualifications, personal characteristics, pastoral care, communication, and leadership.
- Spiritual Qualifications. The pastor:
- is committed to Jesus Christ as Lord;
- shows evidence of integrity through holiness of heart and life;
- displays the fruit of the Holy Spirit;
- receives and gives forgiveness;
- possesses both humility and healthy self-esteem, maintaining a positive attitude;
- demonstrates faith, hope, and initiative;
- respects people regardless of race, gender, or economic status;
- models a teachable spirit;
- Personal Characteristics. The pastor:
- is called to ministry, with that call affirmed by others;
- practices spiritual disciplines including daily Bible reading and prayer;
- is gifted for leadership (leadership as an apostle, prophet, evangelist or shepherd-teacher - Ephesians 4:11-13);
- models a balanced life and healthy self-discipline;
- maintains freedom from addictions;
- engages in life-long learning;
- submits biblically to authority;
- seeks professional and personal accountability;
- if married: has a healthy marriage relationship and has the support of his/her spouse;
- is fruitful in evangelism;
- is fruitful in making disciples;
- Pastoral Care. The pastor:
- loves his/her family as Christ loves the church;
- responds appropriately and warmly to people;
- embodies a passion for those who don’t yet know Jesus;
- embodies a passion for making disciples;
- ensures appropriate love and care for the people of God;
- builds up people and inspires hope;
- demonstrates interpersonal skills; and
- resolves conflict effectively.
- Communication. The pastor:
- handles the Word of God correctly;
- calls people to faith in Christ;
- understands the culture, community, and congregation;
- utilizes effective means of communication;
- affirms and articulates Wesleyan theology;
- prepares thoroughly for public presentation;
- persuades people to make godly, life-changing decisions;
- challenges the status quo in love, when necessary; and
- facilitates an environment of holy worship.
- Leadership. The pastor:
- leads out of personal and corporate prayer;
- clearly articulates a vision from God;
- sets strategic goals to accomplish the vision;
- instills congregational ownership of vision and goals;
- mobilizes resources to fulfill the vision;
- practices sound principles in accomplishing change;
- identifies, attracts, equips, and empowers leaders;
- fosters a positive atmosphere;
- participates in the denomination’s mission; and
- promotes involvement in world evangelization.
- Denominational Connection & Commitment. The pastor:
- participates monthly in a Conference Community Group (CCG)
- connect the local church to Genesis events and resources as appropriate
- respects and is guided by those in authority over you (Field Superintendent, Conference Superintendent, Bishop).
- seeks appropriate coaching opportunities (life-long learner).
- participates annually in Annual Conference and OneDay.
Send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com